Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Multitaskingitis

Think i'll call in sick... for the rest of my life. I'm down with the dreaded disease - "Multitaskingitis"

Medical journals report that approximately 99.9% of the world's population are stricken, and I think I may have caught the bug at a tender age....
(cue to rewind to 1979)

It must have been hovering in the air, in that stuffy little maternity ward, in that run-down building in downtown Ipoh. 1st breath of air and down it went into my bod, where it lay dormant for a couple of months. I first showed symptoms at about 3 months; when I started to drink milk AND pee at the SAME time.

(fast forward to the present)

Look around you, there's the guy who talks on his mobile, chews on a chocolate bar, walks (and possibly farts) all at the same time. There's the girl who writes in her diary, while applying lip gloss and scratching her toe using her other toe. I mean... is that efficient utilization of body parts or what?

You know, if there was a Mr Multi-Tasking Competition, we'd all be serious contenders for the title. So, let me share my capabilities here, stuff that I can do at any 1 time without batting an eyelid, in order of increasing difficulty:-

1. nod my head and talk (i do that all the time with my boss)
2. drive and talk (okay, everybody i know does that)
3. eat and talk (inaudible at times, but it counts)
4. swim and talk (obviously to myself)
5. pee and talk (obviously NOT to myself)
and the mother of all multi-tasking abilities
6. sleep and talk.

nuff said.

4 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Blogger chris said...

ewwww... if you talked while swimming you'd swallow pool water!!

btw, welcome to blogdom

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger CapArnabBrand said...

CC: I swim in my bathtub... :p

 
At 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude...you can't sms, talk and drive at the same time? :D

who's your daddy?!

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger CapArnabBrand said...

momo: dude... i think we're on different planes... my driving is in the bedroom. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home