Thursday, December 06, 2007

10 Things To Do B4 You Turn 30

Got a mail from J this morning that had me thinking... Have I done enough in my past 28 years to warrant having lived a fulfilling life? Are there still things that I have not done that would have me wondering... "Now what if..??"

Go check it out here for Cynthia Brodrick's 10 things to do before you turn 30... I've only got 2 more years before I crash the big 3-0, so here's my take of Cynthia's stuff to do...

1. Drive a wickedly cool car, even if you have to rent it.
*I've already failed "to-do stuff" numero uno... I've never driven anything fancy, and I'm pretty sure those lil cars that you use your feet to paddle when you were 5 doesn't count...

2. Date against type.
*I've ALSO failed item #2. I have never dated anybody gothic, with a face for a pincushion or loaded with tattoos... and on the other hand, I've not actually dated Ms Super Saint Holy Mother of Jesus Goody-2-Shoes either... (J, No no no you're not)

3. See the world.
*Can't say I totally failed this and can't say I aced it either... Been to more than a couple of countries, lapped in the culture and become a better person out of it... But that's not to say that I have seen enough... You never ever see enough...

4. Live in a cool place.
*Gagal jugak. I dun think I've stayed in cool places... Holidays don't count... Never stayed in the jungle, in a longhouse, at the beach, in the mountains... heck I've never even stayed in a caravan. The coolest place I've ever stayed is my room right now. Got air-cond ma.

5. If you're going to drink a lot, do it when young.
*I dun drink (alcohol I mean), so I also kaput in this. Now, if we talk about normal beverages pulak, then different story... I know why Cynthia says if you wanna drink a lot, do it when young.. cos its gonna be a hassle to change your adult diapers when you're old.

6. Take risks with your job.
*I dunno... I think Asians are more conservative when it comes to these kinda stuff... Think the majority of us would not give up a stable good-income job and leave and go do something lesser just because it is fulfilling. I have however left a comfortable job for riskier avenues, so I guess I can say been there, done that.

7. Do something physically adventurous.
*Some stuff I've done... race kapchais without a helmet @ 175km/h, done paragliding, 12-hour walk... guess it might pale in comparison to some who swim with sharks, or hunt lions or run a marathon in the south pole... but I think I'm doin fine in this..

8. Take your parents to dinner.
*Sap sap sui. (Translated to wet wet water... meaning easy job.)

9. Do volunteer work.
*Yeap. Done some volunteer work before. Not as much as I would be proud of, and that makes me ...actually.. sad to say so... sigh.

10. Use this decade to go to extremes.
*I haven't bought life insurance yet. Period.

Guess I haven't lived my 20's to the fullest yet. With only 24 months to go, I guess I'll start with the wickedly cool car... Heheh.
What about you guys? What have you.... not done?

2 Comments:

At 12:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

budak, you gagal miserably, now go back and start again. Start from tomorrow ask J to change your diapers and feed you with milk.

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger CapArnabBrand said...

Oi... how many things have you done la?? =P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home