Tuesday, March 18, 2008

One-Tenth...

.... well .. almost.

One-tenth of wat? 1/10th of an Ironman...

A Triathlon Ironman consists of a 3.8km swim - 180km bike - 42km run... back-to-back. Elites can complete it all in close to 8 hours; while mortals like us only dream of doing it... Well, dream no more. I intend to BE an Ironman, and I will work my way towards it, with grit, determination, sacrifice and a whole lot of heart.

With such fire in my belly, I decided to take a 'slightly' longer than usual lunch break today and headed for home to expend some overflowing energy emanating from within.... I only had about 2 hrs to complete my workout, eat, bathe and get back to the office... so I decide to trim it down to 1/10th of an Ironman distance... and that equates to a 380m swim - 18km bike - 4.2km run.

And I did it in reverse order. In the gym. Well, almost. Did my run on the treadmill, my cycling on the stationary bike, and my swim in the pool (under the blistering sun at 1pm)... Note: I have not yet learnt the freestyle stroke in swimming, therefore I could only breaststroke my way thru the water..

4km run: 00:24:12 - treadmill run @ <6:15mins/km
Transition 1: 00:01:36 - stopped treadmill, adjusted bike seat and pedals
18km bike: 00:28:44 - stationary bike @ >36km/h average
Transition 2: 00:05:36 - locked gym, went up 3 flights of stairs to condo unit, changed into trunks, grabbed a swig of water and came back down into pool
300m swim (that's why almost): 00:16:15

Total time taken: 01:16:26

And now, I'm back in office. Blogging.

Note: Pool cleaner came along while I was trashing about and shoo-ed me away. That's why I only managed 300m.

3 Comments:

At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you got shooed by a pool cleaner.

some ironman you are.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger CapArnabBrand said...

He was huge!

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Wandernut said...

wow... you damn semangat mannn! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home