Monday, June 12, 2006

A Walk to Remember

Woke up this morning, threw back the covers and turned over to look at the time.... 7.40am. Damn, Monday again??!!? How did the weekend fly by so fast?? The start of another week, sheesh.. another work week.... But wait. What work week? I have NO job! Ahahahahahahaha..... With my spirits soaring, I jumped out of bed, got to the window and took in the fresh air. Monday mornings are great. Ha.

Well, since I was already awake, may as well go lap it up at the pool. Nice pool we have at my place, resort style and as it was a Monday morning; i had it all to meself...



Did 30 laps, went back upstairs, showered and got myself a mug of steaming hot milo.... ahhhh..

It was then that I decided to take a walk out to buy the papers, it was after all a BEAUTIFUL MONDAY morning.... ahahahha...

There's this bookstore just across the road, walking there and back takes maybe what.. 10 mins? A leisure stroll to start off the day. Walking out of the main entrance, I waved at the guards, greeted them good morning and whistled as the birds up in the tress sang their hearts out... oh yes, it was a lovely Monday morning.



Leaving the condo behind, i crossed the road.... to get to the other side.

Bloody hell. The bookstore was closed. Shit. Is it closed on beautiful Monday mornings? Or is it just not open yet? The only other place to get papers is 7-11, which is like a marathonian 1.36km away. Should I stay and wait? Or should I go? Decisions. Decisions.

After contemplating for a full 3 seconds, I decided to take the 1360m walk. After all, it was a splendid Monday morning! And I had a nice view to keep me company....



Along the way, I walked on pavements.....



and I walked on roads.....



After 5 minutes, 7-11 was still nowhere in sight. Sigh, this just doesn't feel right. No turning back now neways.

And so I plodded on. My feet said NO, but my mind said GO. Thankfully, I have immensely strong willpower.... and it was a superb Monday morning!



Finally, after what seemed like eternity.... there you are!



Bought my papers, I read The Star btw.... lingered inside the store for a while, air-con felt like Nirvana... and then started on my trek home....

........... {10 mins pass} ......

No shit. Bookstore is open. Should have just waited for a while at one of them benches there.



Sometimes the decisions you make, affect the way your life pannes out. Trust me, the next time you ponder over something, take more than 3 seconds to do so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home