Sunday, July 16, 2006

A Step Back In Time

Sundays are for lazing around. Sundays are best for couch potato-ing. Most Sundays just pass you by. More often than not, Sundays are just forgettable. But not this one.

See, J had an appointment for a skincare regime treatment aka facial at Leonard Duck Drake in Subang Parade in the afternoon. Cool. So we had been out since morning, took my car for a customary skincare treatment and massage aka wash & wax, had lunch at Bandar Manjalara and rushed back to Subang in time for J's appointment. Since she was gonna be occupied with girly girly stuff and I had 2 solid hours to kill, I decided to go check out some real manly stuff.

Yeap. You guessed right. Toys R Us.

Wooohoo!!!

I felt like a manly kid all over again! The moment I stepped thru the doors of wonderland, I was running around like a lil boy high on Smarties. Memories of MEGA BLOCKS, GI Joe, Transformers, Play-Doh and The Justice League all resurfaced. I was in toy-irvana.


Wonder Woman. Every little boy's wet dream.


The ultimate war between good and evil.


Ol Raphael, part of the pizza-loving amphibious quartet


Rows & rows of board games galore


Superboy returns. Zooopt. Zzzapp.


Lego's just not like they used to be.


Kick a ball with your leg-o.


Jumping on the bandwagon. What's next? Monopolympics?

2 hours felt like 20 mins. Before I knew it, J texted me to let me know she was done. At that moment I was holding on to a Titanium Series Optimus Prime. It was the only one left on the shelf and this lil kid was standing next to me eyeing Si Optimus and I could imagine the bubble thoughts above his head... "What the #$&@ is an old fart like you doing with movable plastics?"

That jolted me back to reality. It dawned on me that I'm just past my prime, even with Optimus Prime. With a heavy heart, I put ol Opty back on the shelf, took a last glance around and trudged wearily out the door, akin to a little kid knowing that there would be no toys for him that Sunday. Maybe the next, but not this one.

This Sunday was just for the memories.

6 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still in love with transformer I see ;)

Sometimes I wish I'm a kid again. Life is a lot simpler then. Hee...

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger CapArnabBrand said...

you bet. no worries, no stress....

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger chris said...

superman and wonder woman have lost their legs!

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger CapArnabBrand said...

Donated to charity.

 
At 6:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

 
At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home