Friday, January 16, 2009

1st 20-clicker for 2009: Desa Park City

Its been a while since I embarked on a long run... long meaning anything more than 15km... That might probably not be long for some, and that might be super unimaginable long for others, but that's my range when it comes to long... for now.

Both Plum and I decided to do a night long run sometime this week, and we were thinking about where to go... Places like Putrajaya, Kota Kemuning, Ara Damansara, TTDI were bandied about... and we wanted a place where there was relatively low vehicular movement as well as wide roads and brightly lit. Haha, right, not exactly many places in KL like that...

Last minute we decided on Desa Park City (DPC), Kepong... and we were not disappointed. Place had ample car park, around the Waterfront Mall, they had a 7-11 for refueling if needed, the park around the lake was brightly lit and there were quite a few people lingering around even till 11pm. The roads snaking around DPC had 2-3 meter wide pavements, not many vehicles and pretty good lighting all over.

Although looping around DPC wasn't really long interms of distance; a loop around the lake is approx 2km, detouring to the hill and back will take you about 6-7km. You can pretty much do 3 looping rounds of that and start to hit 18 - 20km mileage. There's also a 600m long climb, gradual at first and increasingly steep to the summit that helps work the quads and mix up the flattish route a little.

We actually went at a pedestrian pace last night... keeping it at conversational pace and actually talking about lotsa BS along the way... So much so that at times, we were practically going like what the signboard below says:


The pace we were going up the hill climb... :)

Would I recommend this place for a run? Yes I would, if only to mix it up a little so that you get a different view. Not many places to run after the sun has set, and this is definitely a pretty good place to head to if you're looking for a workout after dark.

12 Comments:

At 6:16 PM, Blogger Andrew said...

Bro,

If you are planning to do such long runs, let me know. I'll see if I can join u perhaps. >.< If you dont mind going slower than your usual pace HAHA.

I wanna train my long distance as well. Could use some company :)

Thanks buddy!

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger CapArnabBrand said...

Sure bro... why not.. me and plum plan to do some long night runs at least on a fortnightly basis... so c'mon and join us..

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Andrew said...

Yea that would be great. Btw, er..who is plum? haha Wee Peng?

We could car pool or something when we train together :D

My knee is alright I guess. Haven't done long distance just yet but ran alittle over the weekends. I plan to do 10KM this week, Saturday perhaps.

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger CapArnabBrand said...

Yea man... Wee Peng.. :) Next long run should be after CNY... now also nursing the sniffles..

 
At 4:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do join in man.

You'll have to coin a ridiculous nickname though, in the tradition of Caparnabbrand and Plum.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Andrew said...

I do have a nickname :D

MetalfreaK :D

 
At 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But thats based on your musical passion.

It's like Eugene calling himself 'Cervelorgasm' or something (which he does, btw).

Do you have anything more nonsensical?

 
At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cervelorgasm.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

W....T....F!!!

METALFREAK IT IS!!!!

Join the partaaaayyyyyy!!!!!!

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger CapArnabBrand said...

Plum + Metalfreak + Caparnabbrand = Bukit Jelutong = Week after CNY. OK?

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Andrew said...

Actually, I do have another nickname

That was because I was fat last time...
.
.
.
called Amchu

But anyway, will try to run with you guys after CNY :D Weeee I'll probably go to Arnab's place and car pool.


=.=

 
At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Amchu. Let's take Amchu instead.

It's very Hokkien, very Johorean.

I like.

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Andrew said...

LOL okie. Amchu then

HAHA


Hopefully it doesn't rain today. I plan to run at Bkt Jalil Park today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home