Monday, January 12, 2009

NOT a GOOD start

Seriously. Not a good start to 2009 in terms of achieving my goals. Been really tied up with personal life and family commitments that I just haven't been putting the mileage. Its about 2 weeks into the new year and all I have to show on my training chart are 32 measly kilometers. I have to buck up. But I also have to prioritize. Headache headache...

Travelling every weekend home to see my 2 girls are not gonna be easy, what with races and events being conducted only on weekends. How will I juggle?

I might even be forced to miss the GE30k run this Sunday, the 1st event on my calendar for 2009. To race this event or to spend time with my lil girl? I think its a no-brainer decision. Unless I can work around a plan to go home and spend enuff time with my lil darling and still make it back in time for the 6am gun start on Sunday morning, it sure looks like i'm missing the GE30k for the 2nd consecutive year.

Its really not easy juggling a full time job, being a new father, spending time with the family, working on the sides and trying to achieve a 4000km mileage target for the year....

Please, please. Give me the strength to pull this thru....

11 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enough already man.

You're gonna scare them loyal readers out of marriage and fatherhood.

Sweet mother of Gandhi, it's already too late for me.

 
At 11:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only clicked once, I swear.

 
At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only clicked once, I swear.

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger CapArnabBrand said...

Dude... in life, we must always have challenges... i just need to manage my time well...

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Andrew said...

Whoa, well bro, I feel you dude. Sometimes Its just hard to juggle everything.

I'll pray for you as well. Hope things will be better as time passes by. I guess we gotta be patient...well for me..more like no choice. I'm still walking alot to help my knee recover. just not running yet.

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Frank Chong said...

Though every sports including running is addictive, we must always remember our own values. And from what I can see and feel, you're doing great as husband, father and an athlete. You are certainly setting a good example.

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger CapArnabBrand said...

Andrew: Just take it slow... building mileage takes time, like they say.. Rome wasn't built in a day..

Frank: Thanks for the support man.. :)

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Riq said...

Bro,

For me, 1st Family, 2nd Running, 3rd Running...

Oh by the way, I'm from Kota Kemuning too. Maybe sometime we can run together...

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger CapArnabBrand said...

Riq, Thanks for dropping by... I think I recognise you and have seen you running around the lake in the evenings.. I think you used to wear the Adidas "I'm on test run 28" t-shirt right?

Checked out your blog... you are fast... keep up the running and participating in more races... and if I bump into you in KK, I'll surely say hi!!

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Riq said...

Eugene, yes, that was me. The t-shirt look too big to me now. :)

My "not so really" fast run comes with high price. I got my knee injured few months ago. Now run with much slower pace.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home