Friday, April 27, 2007

Bridging the Pain

I have actually run the half marathon in the Penang Bridge Run before... way back when I was 15 going on 16. I remember it was after PMR and I had some time to kill, so I thought why not?

Finished the 22.3km then running non-stop in a time of 2:12:xx, averaging 6 mins/km. Now 12 years later and 15 kgs heavier, I doubt I can even get near that timing. Did a training run/jog/walk.... crawl/lie down and cry session last night of 15km, and it took me 1:49:44 to finish that. Judging from that and assuming no loss or reduction in capacity and speed (sound like engineer only), I would finish the Penang Bridge 2007 Half Marathon come June in 2:44. That's very very close and borderline to the 3 hours finishing time qualification. Malu sial if I go there and see white haired gentlemen and ladies sprinting past a huffing and puffing pot-bellied me to the finish line. I can't even begin to imagine the humiliation

Shucks. Damper damper. Spanner into my hopes. Nonetheless, I still have > a month to go. It looks like I'll be doing the half this time around. Don't wanna kill myself this young. Wouldn't want to do the full and start flagging down the ambulance at km 35 now would we? That would be a disaster... running so far and not finishing. I'd rather lie down on the road and let the crowd trample all over me. Twice.

So wish me luck. I'm not going to update my training times, but a week before the run, I'll be putting up a target finishing time. Gambate!!

1 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, Blogger Bee said...

hehe.. the bus is another option. :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home