Friday, April 20, 2007

Half or Full?

Waist down is practically numb today. Woke up and couldn't feel my .... errr... ummm... toes (not what you think)... That one sure can feel one...Ehem. Whole lower body practically felt like it has been thru a washing machine.... and dryer.... on extra strong.

And why la this sudden lack in senses in my lower regions you ask?

Well.... rewind to yesterday evening.... J has yoda (i mean yoga) sessions every Thursday evening so I was left all alone to entertain myself after getting home... I the decided to do some soul-searching and was wondering how I could make my mudane life more exciting (and pleasurable) and ..... suddenly it caught my eye.

"PENANG BRIDGE RUN 2007"

And since I did a no-show in my previous attempt to run the Shah Alam 10km run.... I thought what better way to redeem myself than go for the FULL MARATHON itself?? All 42 glorious kilometres of it; and its 4x longer than the puny pitiful Shah Alam kiddie run.

So, with that decided.... and with time to kill till J gets home, I decided to lace my runners and head out .....

I hit the road running at 7:50pm.... at 8:15pm, I was still running.... 8:30pm passed... Still sweating away....
8:50pm came and went...... 9:10pm.... stll pounding the pavements.... 9:25pm.... throat parched, t-shirt drenched, nether regions numbed....
9:29pm... I finally gave up and stopped.... And in that 1 hour 39 mins, I logged 13.2km.

OK, I admit its a wee bit slow, and its nowhere near even half the distance I'm supposed to run.... but that's what you get for lazing on the couch and watching House and American Idol at night. But its still ok la... cos I have like 7 weeks to go ma... I think. "Still got time to train...." I told myself in between the pain and suffering this morning...

So now I'm undecided.... 42km or 21km? Full marathon or just the half will do this time around?
I'll let you guys/gals decide for me.... I'll do what the majority tells me to. And I am definitely not going to get sick this time.

5 Comments:

At 12:20 AM, Blogger Bee said...

considering u 'boeing 777' your shah alam 10km run.... i think half marathon will do.. :P

so will see you in pg soon?

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger CapArnabBrand said...

Wah.. so considerate ah!! That's also what I had in mind la... no point OVER-DOING it..

Oh... I'll be in Pg very the often... 19/5; 26/5 and for the Pg B Run - 24/6...

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger The Navigator said...

go for the 42km !

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger CapArnabBrand said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger CapArnabBrand said...

Update:

42km = 1 vote

22.3km = 1 vote

 

Post a Comment

<< Home