Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Shot By A Bird

Last weekend I was supposed to take part in the Great Eastern Pacesetters 20k run and treat that as a practice run ahead of the KLIM Half in March.... However, it coincided with J's mum's birthday and we went back to TI to celebrate, along with my bro's 21st birthday.. And you know about birthday celebrations, loads of food, loads of food and loads of food... I didn't even want to wake up to run on Sunday morning...

So, today being a holiday, I decide to make it up by doin my own personal 20k this morning and I hit the streets just as it was about to light up at about 7..

Everything was goin well until the 8th km when, while I was running under some trees, I felt something drop on my sideburn next to my right ear.. Thinking it was a leaf and without breaking stride, I nonchalantly brushed it with my palm... and the horror of all mother horrors...

My palms were full of shit!!!! Shitty, yellow brown goo.... Bird poo to be more exact..!!

Luckily, I had a half full bottle of water-isotonic mix with me and I practically spent every remaining drop washing off my hands and face... Face was sticky with sweat and it became worse with 100 Plus as facewash.. Uuurrgghh...

And as if that wasn't bad enough, my right-sided ipod earpiece died on me... most probably becos of the washing of my face, I got water into the earpiece...

But what the heck, whats a little setback right? I proceeded to finish my 20k run in 2:12, and first thing I did when I got back home?....

I got J to kiss me on the cheek..... muahahahahhaa!!!!

So there... another hazard to add to my list of running outdoors... and although the possibility is not high, like running into a monitor lizard with a body as big as my thigh (this happened last month), its another thing to look out for, along with wayward motorists and uneven pavements.

What's next? Being peed on by a cat?

8 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha

-kim

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Bee said...

lots of *interesting* things happening to you lately.. :p

 
At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yucks... ptoooey.... uuughhh...

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger CapArnabBrand said...

Bee: I'm a 'thing' magnet.. haha..

J: I thot you went mmm...hhmmmm...ahhh..mmm?

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger The Navigator said...

wah banyak ong ! quick buy 4D !

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger CapArnabBrand said...

You're right, in 29 yrs I have never been poo-ed on by a bird before... This is a sign from above.. literally..

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger chris said...

aiyer... so unnecessary to get J involved right!

 
At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love that bird... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home