Thursday, April 17, 2008

Unscrupulous Maximus Gargantus

I'm sitting at home, feling sorry for myself. I'm in pain. I've got gastritis, I'm having chilly episodes and I'm feeling sore and achy all over. And for that, I am sitting at home, blogging about nothing.

Woke up this morning after a lengthy night of sleeplessness due to pain emanating all over my upper body from the gastritis. Achy joints and rising temp didn't help much...

The doctor opens at 0830, so exactly on the dot, I was there, 2nd in line and waiting for my turn. Its a polyclinic btw, so there are multiple docs. Only one of them is good, the rest, pretty crappy if I may say so..

As the nurse called my name, and I entered the consulate consultation room, ... haiya... its the crappy doc... This was gonna be a loooong day..

Me: Gud mornin' doc
Doc: Mmm... without lookin up
[Then... he looked up at me quizically but kept quiet... 0 points for your PR macha..]
Me: I have gastric pain... real bad. radiating all the way up to my back
[He whipped out a stethoscope]
Doc: Take up your shirt..
[And he proceeded to use his stethoscope BELOW my belly button..]
Doc: Where's the pain?
[I pointed to just below my ribcage (where my stomach is) and not BELOW my belly button where he was still fiddling about...]
Doc: Hmmm... you will have diarrhoea..
Me: [I misheard him... and said] No... I don't have diarrhoea...
Doc: With your gastric and viral infection, you WILL have diarrhoea...
[WTF!?!? Is he cursing me?]
Me: Uh-huh.
Doc: OK, I will give you med for your gastric, your fever and diarrhoea...
Me: Can I get an MC too?
Doc: Where do you work?
Me: DG
Doc: Coverage very bad la...
Me: Oh ya ka.

And I left the con room. Wahliu eh... just because my company is paying for the meds means he push whatever he can and charge ka?!?!? This guy really beh tahan man...

Also there was a little primary school girl who went in before me... I saw the nurse dispensing STRONG and EXPENSIVE anitibiotics (presumably under the doc's orders) for her.. Wah... lil girl la.. overdose baru tahu...

What is this world becoming nowadays?

4 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Blogger The Navigator said...

Complain mar. Tell you company to blacklist this clinic.

 
At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This joker must have taken the Hypocritical Oath instead.

Damn that was one hot >45 year old.

 
At 2:11 AM, Blogger Bee said...

Docs..

 
At 6:18 AM, Blogger CapArnabBrand said...

Navi: Then I have to go far far to get MC wor..

Plum: As usual, wrong comment in the wrong post.

Bee: I'm glad I'm not one... haha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home