Sunday, July 13, 2008

69.04km

.... that's according to my cyclo-computer for my ride this morning...

Met up with Kevin, Arif, Maysenn and Patrick for an 'easy' ride, rolling out of Centrepoint, Bandar Utama at 7:30am... The route was to take us thru Kota Damansara - Sg Buloh - Guthrie Highway - Kg Melayu Subang - Puncak Alam - Sg Buloh - Kota Damansara - Centrepoint.. According to Arif, its a good mix of flats and some little hills. And I got conned! Little hills? Maybe for them hardcore riders yes!... But for me.. I was huffing and puffing all the way up... especially the last 2 of the 5 consecutive climbs...

Overall ride was fun, and it was the first time I have done this distance, normally averaging only about 40-50km on weekends around Kota Kemuning and Kesas... Upping the mileage has to be gradual tho... or I'd be having sore calfs and quads for the next few days...

It was pretty hot as we finished around 11:30am, with a pit stop at a mamak stall halfway thru the ride for some much needed 100 plus... Even with 2 bottles of refuel, a can of 100 plus and a glass of water, i felt so dehydrated after the ride... The whole afternoon I had this throbbing headache at the back of my head that I always associated with dehydration... Thank god I'm feeling all better now...

Ride statistics:
Total mileage: 69.04km
Total ride time: 2:44:14
Average speed: 25.2km/h
Max speed: 59.4km/h

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home