Sunday, August 10, 2008

Adidas - King of the Road

... but luckily I didn't 'Kong' on the road...

I had been nursing this nagging hamstring strain for about a week and every single day that the King Of The Road (KOTR) event drew closer, I got even more worried about whether I could last the full distance without injury or cramping.. Well, looks like I turned out OK!!

And to keep a long run story short, I'll just provide the gist of the event:

6:00am - arrived at Dataran Shah Alam with Andrew
6:30am - warmed up with some light running and stretches
6:48am - gun went off to mark the flag-off for half-marathon categories

2 hours 8 mins and 39 seconds later, I crossed the finish line to receive a finisher's medal and certificate.


Medal and cert...

Nice parts of the race:
- Can't remember any

Ugly parts of the race:
- Distance markers way out
- refreshments stations not evenly spread out and no water (all 100+)
- not very good traffic management

Race specifics:
Actual distance: 22.17km (My 405)
Total timing: 2:08:39
Average pace: 5:48/km
Calories burned: 1632 Cal
10km split time: 0:57:50
21km split time: 2:02:11

2 Comments:

At 10:20 PM, Blogger Frank Chong said...

Haha... I like the way you say lucky didn't "kong" on the road. Anyway, good run! Congratz on your sub 6 mins pace.

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Jamie Pang said...

yeah, good race ma! u did well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home