Thursday, July 02, 2009

Nike Lunarglide+ . . . A first cut look.



Yes, my dear readers, this was what that phone call was all about... :)

Got a call asking me to drop by Nike Sales (M) office at the Curve to pick up Nike's latest running shoe model: Nike Lunarglide+ for review and testing purposes. FOC of course. :)

Seriously speaking, I have never really been a die-hard fan of Nike running shoes. I am of the impression that Nike has only very limited models that cater to serious runners, with more emphasis on the lifestyle market. This comment is probably only valid in Malaysia, as I hear our southern neighbour benefits from excellent Nike Running campaigns. I seriously hope this opportunity to test out the Lunarglide+ changes my perception and makes me a Nike believer once again.

Met up with Andrew from Nike and the collection was a really quick one. Tested it out on the spot to ensure the fit was alright, a quick chat and I was out the door after promising to give an honest review and feedback after I was done trashing the shoe on the streets (aha).

I won't go into the technological details of the shoe. Nope. That you can read from Nike's media release or even get all the nitty-gritty details from Nike's website.

My review will touch more on how the shoe fits, how it feels out on the road, how it holds up on a long run, how it pushes the limits during speedwork, and how is the durability factor. But before all of that, let me review the one thing that makes you walk into the store when you see it on the display window. The Looks.

Black sports shoes just don't cut it for me. Its a matter of personal preference, as I know of many people who think that black is cool and would not buy any footwear in any other hue. Me, I prefer my runners in anything BUT black, and it is irony that this pair comes in Black/Orange with tinges of silver.

Design-wise, I'd say its simple and uncluttered, not really an attention grabber that screams "Look At Me!". However, that orange hue on jet black is bound to get a couple of stares and 2nd looks too. Jac doesn't really agree however, and thinks that the colour and design is just not to her liking.

Cutting to the chase, and to keep this intro short and sweet, let me just say that since the Lunarglide+ and myself are going to be a couple for a while, and we are going to share some sweet and bitter moments together, do some travelling on the road together, spend quality time together; I need to give it a name.

And since Jac calls it UGLY, I guess I'll call it BETTY.

Therefore my Lunarglide+, you are henceforth christened Ms Betty.

2 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Blogger Wenny said...

Hey there, I beg to differ. I love the colour scheme. If I see it on the shelves, I'd probably give it 3 or 4 turns. It matches my notebook's backpack.

I do share the same perception as you about Nike shoes. To me, Nike shoes are more aesthetic than durable. So, for people like me who does not have that much mileage as you, I'd probably go for this pair for its looks ... when it's on SALE, that is.

Btw, how do you get to do this review for Nike? Interesting ... Lastly, I hope Ms. Betty will treat you right this day forth. :)

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger CapArnabBrand said...

I still can't see myself buying black running shoes. Just can't.

Oh, about the review thingy, it was supposed to be late last year, but I guess they postponed the launch. Was referred to Nike by a running fren.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home