Friday, September 02, 2005

Bye Bye Maxis !

This post is an account of my last working day in Maxis. Today is Friday, 2nd of September 2005. I have been working here since 18th February 2002. A little over 3 years… boy how time flies…

0917: Arrive in office, late on my last day. As usual. Wooohooo!
0925: Sup comes over and tells me to amend some documents. As usual.
0936: Get my last cup of coffee from the dispenser as a staff.
0957: Sup comes over and tells me to do more amendments. Finishes by asking where I’m going for lunch. Tell him I have plans. He sighs and says he wanted to take me out for lunch. Yea right.
1035: Went over to my boss’ cubicle for a short discussion. More work.
1054: Went down to the reception to pass some documents to a vendor. A few handshakes around with some colleagues, all wishing me well.
1126: Finished preparing some documents for the boss. A ‘bit’ more to go. Yeah, just a ‘bit’…. A wee ‘bit’.
1143: Made a call to 123, held the line for all of 4 mins and 36 seconds listening to voice recordings before ending the call. Where are all the customer service consultants????
1206: Sneaked out for an early lunch with colleagues. Sort of a farewell lunch at Sunway Club, The Palms Café.
1513: Arrived back at office after a heavy heavy lunch. Sleepy and sluggish. Zzzzz.
1625: Last meeting with my sup and boss. Official sign-off of my handover. A few words of advice and we’re done.
1742: Finish typing my parting e-mail and send it out.
1802: Getting loads of well-wishes replies. Also getting’ teary-eyed.
1812: Still doing work for my company. Sheesh.
1819: Start clearing my desk. Shredding all the old documents and practically throwing everything away.
1835: Still at it. Only 18.57% done.
1859: Nearly there. 76.89% kau tim.
1918: Shredded 80% of the disposables. 2 shredder machines full to the brim. The rest of the disposables will be taken care of Eugene style. Under the carpet they go.
1930: Bye-bye Maxis. I will see all of you again.

4 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I was just blog surfing and found your site, so I thought that I would leave a comment!

Cheers from Australia!
Natural Gas Prices To Owners

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger chris said...

good luck with the new job dude! and errmm... natural gas?

 
At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha! join the ex-maxis club...

 
At 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We want update! We want update!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home