Thursday, September 08, 2005

Culture Shiok!

My previous post was about my last day on the job. So its only natural that this post is about my first week in my new job. OK, technically its not a full week yet. After all, today is only Thursday; but I have a bit of time on my hands right now and I'm kinda unsure whether I will have that luxury tomoro or the end of this week to post. So here goes!

Its a whole new world out here. You know, jumping from an established company to a growing one is not easy. Not easy at all. I knew the workload was going to be huge, but actually going thru it is a whole lot different than just knowing about it. My working hours are 9.00am - 6.00pm weekdays and 9.00am - 1.00pm all Saturdays. But... but.. I left office at 8.00pm on Monday (my 1st day of work), on Tuesday and also yesterday. So my un-official hours are 9am-8pm. Shucks. Full working capacity you know. Really konked out at the end of each day. Tired and hungry and lethargic and exhausted.

The environment here is also different to Maxis. Let me list some of the differences. Only 8 workstations in my office. No personal fixed line. No personal company e-mail. No hot water dispenser. No pantry. No cleaners. No elevators. And I only see 3 staff daily (the rest go out real early in the morning). Really culture shock man. But on the bright side, I have a bigger cubicle than I did in Maxis.... =D

On to my jobscope... I'm the administration, technical department, human resources, property management, and partial finance department all rolled up in one. So there. Its no wonder I have to work such long hours daily. Its a 1 leg kick all kinda job.

And lunch is like a 6km drive away. We are like smack in the middle of nowhere. think i'll just start to bring food for lunch in time to come.

I'm gonna keep this short. Wanna go home and get some rest. By the way, season 4 of 24 is keeping my nights alive!!! To all my ex-colleagues, I say "I'll see you again someday; take care ya all"

4 Comments:

At 5:06 PM, Blogger chris said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger chris said...

aiks?! deleted? well i just wanted to say that a challenge is always good right? hang in there!

 
At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you rox! must be a real challenge...so when you gonna hire me 'tau ke'?

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger CapArnabBrand said...

who deleted his/her comment??

dunno how much longer i can hold onnnnnnnnnn........... ..... ... .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home