Tuesday, August 08, 2006

How long do you need?

Bear with me. This post is picture / photo-free and may get a bit boring if you're the visual kinda person. So if you fall into the category mentioned above, do yourself a favour and jump into the river; what are you doing reading my blog anyway???

Introductions aside, a thought hit me this morning as I was walking to my car. Just to prep myself for work takes up an hour (yea... 1 full hour) of my day of my life. And that doesn't include the snoozing alarm part yet. Am I taking too long to get ready for work? Or is everybody else the same?

My daily morning routine reads:
1. Sit up in bed (sometimes fall back on and sigh heavily)
2. Walk out the bedroom and open the windows
3. Put water to boil
4. Grab towel and wash / bathe / poop (occasionally)*
5. Towel down, slap on deodorant, spray pour homme stuff and gel hair
6. Put on underwear, shirt and pants... and belt
7. Wake J up (this could seriously take quite a while)
8. Make a cup of coffee, have bread / cereal
9. Wash utensils
10. Grab bag, put on socks and shoes
11. Walk out of door and to car

Steps 1 to 11 take up a whole 60 mins. I do not have any means of comparison, but am I a slow coach; or am I a quick bunny?

You tell me. How long do you need?




*I'm not the kind of person who shits at the same time everyday and makes it a habit. Shitting shouldn't become a habit. Shit is spontaneous and it should stay that way. Shit rules.

10 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since I don't really have a routine job these days, I can only tell you I take about the same duration to get myself prepared for my flight. Sometimes though it could be real fast, like in less than 30min if I'm pressed for time? Otherwise, an hour will be more realistic as I convince myself (I'm doing the right thing) to the airport. Hhahaa...

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger The Soothsayer said...

My routine when I was still working.

1. Wake up
2. Heat pan/boil water/put stuff to cook
3. Brush teeth (2 and 3 occurs simultaneously some times)
4. Rinse mouth
5. Prepare breakfast - usually some sandwich with fish fingers or mashed eggs and butter but sometimes sphagetti with chicken breast also pack some fruits and oats (yeah, I love my huge breakfasts!)
6. Bath
7. Get the hell out of the apartment

Total time taken - less than 30 minutes after I perfected the routine.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger CapArnabBrand said...

mt & sooth: Isn't it great you guys don't have a fixed routine these days?

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger chris said...

so J isn't a morning person eh? i wake up at 6:20am everyday and am out the door by 7. you're such a slow poke! :P

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger The Navigator said...

I woke up at 7.30am and out by the door at 7.50pm. Just 20 minutes ! ;)

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger CapArnabBrand said...

Chris & Navigator: Cheh... Both of you don't bathe one don't count la.... :-p

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Bee said...

I take around the same time too.. snoozing has got to stop man...i have trouble selecting wht to wear + ironing it, though it's only casualwear..

wht's with the boiling water thingy? I use microwave to heat my water.. :P

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger CapArnabBrand said...

Bee: Sorry la we r not so hi-tech... oh i forgot to mention i boil water using stove n charcoal... no wonder la i take 1 hour..

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger The Navigator said...

if bath 30mins for me is enough already. :p Guy s are slow pokes !

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger CapArnabBrand said...

Navi: Generally, guys' bodies are bigger than girls' in terms of surface area. So if you calculate the ratio of surface area to time taken, we guys bathe way much faster!!! :-p

C'mon... we're all engineers by profession ma....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home