Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Thing About Shoes

You wouldn't believe what I'm about to tell you. Last night, while having dinner with J at one of the restaurants near our home, I chanced upon a shop having a kinda garage sale thingy on 2nd hand footwear... and by golly, the shoes and sandals and slippers they had there were like so so new!! I couldn't believe my luck. C'mon, a pair of Nike Triax Runners for RM35? A pair of Hush Puppies slip-ons for RM28? It had to be my birthday!!



And best of all, they were ALL in my size!!! Can't believe it?? Neither could I!!!! I promptly whipped out my wallet and...... OK I'm kidding.

None of the above is true. Except the part where all the shoes you see are in my size. Cos they're all MY shoes.

Muahahahahaha..... J's always giving me the lecture where I have more shoes/sandals/slippers/whatchamacallit than her.... and she's supposed to be the W.O.M.A.N. No stereotyping here, but buying shoes do seem to be a female thingy. Most guys I know probably have 1 pair of slippers, 1 pair of work shoes and 1 pair of sports shoes. Maybe a few others have another 1 or 2 more pairs of footwear, making it a grand total of 5.... max.

Now, which guy has THIRTEEN (13) pairs of footwear???? C'mon, stand up and challenge the Shoe-bunny wherever you are!! Yeap... I have 13 pairs, all most definitely wearable and functional.

There are 10 pairs of stuff to cover my feet in the pic above, and I have another pair of loafers, another pair of futsal shoes and a pair of ankle-high boots in my car. Dammit... I may just about have MORE shoes than J!!! Not that I wana say it out loud la.... =P

I dun wear the same pair of shoes to work on consecutive days, I have a pair of slippers I wear to the pool and to wash my car, I have slip-ons to match when I wear khaki shorts, I have a different pair of shoes to match my blue jeans instead of my black jeans, I mean... I could just go on forever....

Btw, I'm still targetting a pair of brown suede shoes to match my new brown leather belt... Problem is buying it quietly so that J doesn't give me another earful..... and finding place in my shoe cabinet to fit another pair. Ha.

4 Comments:

At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are definitely not alone ;)

 
At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh nooo... the new age meterosexual men definitely outdo us women.. Time to go shopping!!

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger CapArnabBrand said...

MT: I bet we could start a shoe shop with just both of us...

J: Yea, WE should probably get more shoes...

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger Bee said...

hehe. Not surprised at all. Guys are catching up on shopping nowadays..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home