Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Speed Junkie

Vrooomm... vrooommm... This is probably the closest I will ever get to imagining myself as an F1 driver... Guess wat... I karted for the very first time today, and courtesy of a departmental outing. Yeap, 2 departments in my division teamed up to organize a go-kart outing at the Shah Alam stadium circuit this afternoon, and boy was I so so excited.

So excited to the extent I wanted to do well in my 1st time behind the wheel on a miniature race car running on a grass-cutting machine engine. All 80cc of raw chugging power. So I asked the car-dude Des for advice... He preached, "brake before the corner, drift into it and accelerate out.." So that became my mantra and my bible all thru the race..

There were abt 31 of us, and all of us were divided into 8 groups of 4 persons, with each person powering thru the circuit for 15 mins. Team with highest total laps combined at the end of 1 hour wins. Each lap is 1.1km and full of turns, including a 180 degree curve... It was designed to be like an endurance race where total distance completed wins.

I was the designated 1st driver for my team and in total completed 10 laps in 15 mins, with a best time of 1:26:xx per lap. Damn syiok wei!! With the wind blowing, the tires gripping the tarmac and the roar of the engine above the din of the supporters; it was pure exhilirating and my adrenaline was pumping all through-out the 10 laps...

Thru the course of the race, I found out 1 VERY important thing. Go-karting favours the light and the small. Few times in the race, I was up against other racers who were smaller and lighter than me... and each and everytime on the straight, they would pull away effortlessly, altho I memang tekan maksimum!!! I guess every pound of flab counts. Probably if I weighed 10 pounds lighter, I would have had a better timing... Keke.

After my turn, I stayed out at the side of the circuit to cheer on my team-mates. You could see all sorts of antics and action, cos most of us were first timers... There were spins and skids, but luckily nobody crashed into the tire walls...

Our team tried hard, and in the end, finished 2nd!!! From bottom. Muahahahahaha!!!!

I am definitely going to do this again!!!

2 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i didn't say drift man...
with your weight you should be able to take the corners faster...

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger CapArnabBrand said...

WTF!?!?!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home